At the Fort Collins Christian School we put a priority on learning and ensure each child strives to reach their highest potential.
- In 2017, the average ITBS (Iowa Test of Basic Skills) score of our native English-speaking students was 75%.
- Our students on average perform a half to one grade above their current grade level in math.
- Our student to teacher ratio of around 10:1 enables a more personal style of learning for each student.
- From 2006 to 2009, the academic achievement and abilities of 51,706 students in more than 800 Adventist elementary schools and academics in the United States was gathered with a view to determining how the performance of students in Adventist institutions compared to students in other school systems (The Cognitive Genesis Study). A summary of the findings are shown below.
- Students in all grades, in Adventist schools of all sizes, outperformed the national average in all subjects.
- Students in Adventist schools had higher-than-expected academic achievement based on an assessment of individual ability.
- Students who transferred to Adventist schools saw a significant improvement in their test scores. Also, the longer students stayed in the Adventist school system, the more they gained in achievement and ability.